Friday, January 15, 2010

Train or no train?

I was told today that I needed to do another post .. So here it is!

My dress appointment is a week from tomorrow! Im so excited!

Let me step back and first say that a very tragic earthquake struck Haiti this week on Tuesday. The capital city is almost completely destroyed and people are searching and running everywhere looking for loved ones and trying to get food, medical supplies, and water to survive. I almost can not even watch the news - its heartbreaking.
Greg got word on Wednesday that he was leaving Thursday morning on a ship to head to Haiti to help out.
I drove him to the base Thursday morning and sent him off to help with a kiss goodbye and he sent me off with a promise to be go help out those in need, and to come home safe. Have I mentioned that I love my sailor?
They are not sure how long they will be gone - somewhere between 4-6 weeks.

Now to some good news! I thought I had a couple dresses narrowed down..I am completely in love with 2.
But you know sometimes clothes look so good on mannequins and not on you! For New years eve I tried on this super cute dress at Express that was up on the wall. On me .. it looked like a moo moo! Not cute .. at all!
So I started looking again this week... & I found 3 more! I can't decide: short train, long train .. or no train??
My mom and all my bridesmaids and maid of honor will all be there so I am sure they will let me know what looks best! We even got a local photographer to come to the appointment and will be shooting the whole experience.

Last weekend Greg and I decided to go to the mall to look around. We were bored and waiting on Natalia to come home. I am so glad that we went. We found and got almost all of our bridesmaids and groomsmen gifts! I can't wait until everyone sees what we got for them. We can not wait to share this special day with our families and friends.

I'll be sure to let you guys know how to appointment went.. Maybe even post some pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment