Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Who says marriage is hard work?


I hear this all the time - "Marriage is hard work." I have to say .. the husband & I actually disagree with this. Is marriage work? Absolutely. It is a constant work on communication, work on household chores, work on cooking dinner.. you get the picture! But is it hard work? We think not.

We had this exact discussion the other day when the husband was talking gossiping with his best friend on the phone and he mentioned how hard his relationship is with his girlfriend. He used the phrase, "it's just so much work."  Greg (the hubbs has a name!) hung up the phone and after sharing that statement with me we both agreed that if it's meant to be -- it should come fairly easy.

Now, don't get me wrong.. Relationships have their up's and down's. Greg & I each have little things that drive each other crazy. But true love love's the flaws and all. It's that simply. Greg & I adore each other. We are still in our honeymoon phrase and plan on it continuing for a very long time!

I felt like this was a perfect anniversary post about my dear, sweet, husband. We may be celebrating 2 years today, but i'm looking forward to 50 more!

I love you!

Mrs. W

No comments:

Post a Comment